Friday, June 27, 2014

Turning 20

“The child is in me still and sometimes not so still.”
Fred Rogers, The World According to Mister Rogers: Important Things to Remember
 This weekend is the last one I'll be spending as a teenager. I turn 20 on Sunday, 29 June. Something different from last year's birthday and all birthdays before that.. is the hashtag. This year, I'll try to load all birthday memories under this hashtag -> #kimturns20 (If it sounds exciting, it's going to get better!)
The gorgeous Orange-Chocolate Round Cake Mimi baked. #kimturns20
I've been really lucky to have many pleasant surprises in the days leading up to my turning 20! First, Mimi, our sweet pâtissière, has been dishing out pastries of all sorts - Matcha Azuki Cupcakes, savoury homemade pie puff-puffs, Banana-Walnut Muffins, Prune-and-something-Loaf... sweet treats from our sweet and we can't resist. (Now, there's no shame in that.)

Last Friday Mel woke me up telling me bout a special something something I'd be thrilled to see on the table. First I thought "Food?" (Breakfast is my happiest time.) then I thought, maybe the postman came with one of mom's surprise boxes. And then there was this:
URBAN, The Straits Times | 20 June 2014
It's ritual-like every Friday; to wake up and first reach for my copy of URBAN. This definitely made my day (and my week). Thank you so much URBAN, I love you <3

Dressabelle Fashion Show | Suntec City
Daddy and Nicky came for the show at Suntec City last weekend, and it was so much fun walking and talking with the pretties I've been spending most of my weekends with <3 also, we found out how amazing the Asian Tofu Salad at The Soup Spoon is. 

Talking bout pretties, these girls get the cake (read: bubble tea).
Most times, it's the girly giggles and (explicitly narcissistic-BUT-i'm-really-actually-kidding) jokes that keep us through long hours at A&F.
 Here's to turning 20 & more from #kimturns20 over the weekend! <3

(a special something something awaits!)

No comments:

Post a Comment